Terms and Conditions
1. The promoters are: Scottish Enterprise (company no. SC126249) whose registered office is at Atrium Court, 50 Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 6HQ and Common Purpose UK (company no. 3556983, Registered Charity 1023384) whose registered office is at Monmouth House, 38-40 Artillery Lane, London E1 7LS.
2. The Award is open to anyone currently in higher education in Scotland, and also alumni of Common Purpose programmes run for or with Scottish Universities, aged 18 years or over, except employees of Common Purpose and Scottish Enterprise and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Award.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. By entering this Award, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
5. Route to entry for the Award and details of how to enter are via commonpurpose.org/uk/scotentaward
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Only individual applications can be accepted. Group entries will be disqualified or asked to nominate a single entrant.
8. Closing date for entry will be 1 December 2017. After this date the no further entries to the Award will be permitted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the Award and how to enter are as follows:
Scottish Enterprise, working with Common Purpose, is launching the Scottish Enterprise Award to find the most innovative idea for tackling a Challenge crucial to Scotland’s economy.
Submit the best idea and you will win a paid internship with Scottish Enterprise to London and Barcelona.
The Challenge: Mobile technology has become fundamental to the everyday lives of nearly five billion people. The driving force behind so many emerging innovations, it is revolutionary, dynamic, personal and ever-adapting. So the Challenge is: How can mobile (and associated) technologies help Scottish businesses – large and small – develop international trade connections?
You will need to prepare a written summary of your idea for tackling the Challenge, along with a short explanatory video (2 minutes max) recorded on a mobile device. Your idea should consider the “7 Rs”.
Please visit commonpurpose.org/uk/scotentaward to download an application form. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Scottish Enterprise Award”.
11. Scottish Enterprise and Common Purpose reserve the right to cancel or amend the Award and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of their control. Any changes to the Award will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoters
12. The promoters also reserve the right to cancel the Award if circumstances arise outside of its control.
13. The promoters are not responsible for inaccurate details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Award.
14. Certain links provided in connection with the Award on the website lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom the promoters have no control. The promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers.
15. The prize is as follows:
The Award winner will be eligible for: