For over 25 years, Common Purpose has helped to bridge cultural understanding through face to face leadership development programmes. However, we are now proud to announce our first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC): Developing Cultural Intelligence for Leadership.
Common Purpose has partnered with FutureLearn, a social learning platform, to create a course that is designed for anyone who holds - or aspires to hold - a leadership or management role anywhere in the world.
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is the ability to cross divides and thrive in multiple cultures. This course will help you to develop a modern leadership skill for working with people who are not like you. You will be introduced to the concept of CQ and explore its evolution and relevance as a modern leadership capability.
Through a series of activities, exercises and advice from leaders around the world, you will:
- build the skills to lead across divides and thrive in multiple cultures;
- go on a journey to uncover the cultural influences that make you think and act the way you do;
- see how understanding yourself can help you work with other people;
- learn skills to recognise what makes others tick and behave the way they do;
- and embrace diversity and recognise its role in innovative problem solving.
We are excited to deliver a course that will help people cross the divides of country, generation, gender, sector and background, enabling learners to lead change in their organisation, community, business or place of study.