Terms and Conditions
Attendance and programmes
- A place on the Common Purpose programme is subject to review of the application by the nominating university, and is not transferable to another individual.
- A participant on a Common Purpose programme undertakes to attend the full programme.
- If a participant, having started the programme, then withdraws from the programme for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed by Common Purpose to resume attendance.
- If a participant misses any part of the programme due to absenteeism, this may affect whether Common Purpose confers graduate status upon the participant.
- Common Purpose retains the right to change the advertised agenda for a Common Purpose programme or event without notice to the participants.
- Common Purpose will make every effort to give participants reasonable notice in advance if the venue for an event is changed.
Conduct during the programme
- Participants are subject to the terms and conditions of the venue.
- It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that, while attending the Common Purpose programme and while on any third party premises, they: do not behave in an improper or disorderly manner, or in a way which risks or causes damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
- In the event of such improper behaviour, Common Purpose will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the programme.
- The participant will also be liable to indemnify Common Purpose for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Common Purpose Conventions (see http://commonpurpose.org/media/2560/conventions.pdf).
Common Purpose UK is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have queries relating to the use of your data, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If accepted as a participant on any Common Purpose programme, you are agreeing that Common Purpose or any Common Purpose licencee may use your data for the following purposes:
- we will use your contact details to send you information relating to the programme and to request feedback
- we may publish your name, university, programme attended and feedback as part of our promotional materials. To opt out, please tick here:
- we may also use your contact details to send you information about other programmes and activities we offer. To opt out, please tick here:
- we may publish your contact details, including email address, to alumni of Common Purpose worldwide and to members of Common Purpose Advisory Groups in the Common Purpose graduate directory. To opt out, please tick here:
**If you wish to opt out from any of the any terms and conditions please email us at email@example.com
I understand I have the option to opt out at any time by notifying a Common Purpose staff member.