Terms and Conditions
- The promoters are: Scottish Enterprise (company no. SC126249) whose registered office is at Atrium Court, 50 Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 6HQ and Common Purpose UK (company no. 3556983, Registered Charity 1023384) whose registered office is at Monmouth House, 38-40 Artillery Lane, London E1 7LS.
- The Award is open to alumni of Common Purpose programmes run with or for Scottish Universities in 2015, 2016 and 2017 up to and including the closing date, aged 18 years or over, except employees of Common Purpose and Scottish Enterprise and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Award.
- There is no entry fee.
- By entering this Award, an entrant is indicating his/her acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Route to entry for the Award and details of how to enter are via commonpurpose.org/uk/scotentaward
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Only individual applications can be accepted. Group entries will be disqualified or asked to nominate a single entrant.
- Closing date for entry will be 10 November. After this date the no further entries to the Award will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the Award and how to enter are as follows:
Scottish Enterprise, working with Common Purpose, is launching the Scottish Enterprise Award to find the most innovative idea for tackling a Challenge crucial to Scotland’s economy.
Submit the best idea and you will win a paid internship with Scottish Enterprise to London and Barcelona.
The Challenge: Mobile technology has become fundamental to the everyday lives of nearly five billion people. The driving force behind so many emerging innovations, it is revolutionary, dynamic, personal and ever-adapting. So the Challenge is: How can mobile (and associated) technologies help Scottish businesses – large and small – develop international trade connections?
You will need to prepare a written summary of your idea for tackling the Challenge, along with a short explanatory video (2 minutes max) recorded on a mobile device. Your idea should consider the “7 Rs”.
Please visit commonpurpose.org/uk/scotentaward to download an application form. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Scottish Enterprise Award”.
- Scottish Enterprise and Common Purpose reserve the right to cancel or amend the Award and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of their control. Any changes to the Award will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoters.
- The promoters also reserve the right to cancel the Award if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The promoters are not responsible for inaccurate details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Award.
- Certain links provided in connection with the Award on the website lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom the promoters have no control. The promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers.
- The prize is as follows:
- Wednesday 21 February 2018: Travel to London
- Thursday 22 February 2018 – Friday 23 February 2018: Scotland House London (with SDI London team)
- Sunday 25 February 2018: Fly to Barcelona
- Monday 26 – Tuesday 27 February 2018: Attend World Mobile Congress, Barcelona (including evening receptions on 26 and 27 February)
- Evening of Tuesday 27 February 2018: Fly back to London
- Wednesday 28 February 2018: Debrief and final day in Scotland House. Travel back to Scotland
- Friday 16 February 2018: Deadline for submission of report
The Award winner will be eligible for:
- Return travel from Scotland to and from and accommodation and subsistence in London and Barcelona
- Accommodation in London and Barcelona
- Subsistence of £75 per day in London (Breakfast £10, lunch £15, dinner £45, overnight allowance £5)
- Subsistence of £80 per day in Barcelona (Breakfast EUR20, Lunch EUR20, Dinner EUR40, overnight allowance £10)
- A salary of £80 per day for a total period of eight days, subject to any relevant Tax and National Insurance.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner must be available for work and travel on all of the stated dates. The winner will be responsible for, and will be reimbursed for under the subsistence provision, securing appropriate travel insurance for the scope of the prize. The winner must also have a valid EHIC card.
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the promoters.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoters’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the Award will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Award and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.