In May 2016, the leadership development team at Common Purpose Bristol & West of England conducted a range of consultations and hosted a round table session for HR leaders to discuss talent management strategies for their early career leaders.
We have uncovered three common challenges organisations face when looking at the development of their workforce and early career leaders:
1) Retention and recruitment
2) Costs of training and development
3) Understanding the Millennial generation
Four overall solutions were discussed and highlighted by participating organizations for those looking to develop their early career leaders:
1) Focus on organisational culture and values
2) Provide responsibility and agency
3) Develop an employee engagement plan
4) Identify longer-term interventions
A full report is available for interested parties, please contact email@example.com for a PDF copy.