Pakistani and Bangladeshi Diaspora Leaders Programme
Attendance and programmes
- A place on the Common Purpose programme is subject to review of the application by the Advisory Group, and is not transferable to another individual.
- A participant on a Common Purpose programme undertakes to attend the full programme.
- If a participant, having started the programme, then withdraws from the programme for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed by Common Purpose to resume attendance.
- If a participant misses any part of the programme due to absenteeism, this may affect whether Common Purpose confers graduate status upon the participant.
- Common Purpose retains the right to change the advertised agenda for a Common Purpose programme or event without notice to the participants.
- Common Purpose will make every effort to give participants reasonable notice in advance if the venue for an event is changed.
Conduct during the programme
- When booking and paying for a Common Purpose programme or event venue, Common Purpose is acting as an agent on the participants' behalf. Participants will be subject to the terms and conditions of the venue.
- It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that while attending the Common Purpose programme and while on any third party premises he or she does not behave in an improper or disorderly manner or in a way which risks or causes damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
- In the event of such improper behaviour, Common Purpose will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the programme.
- The participant will also be liable to indemnify Common Purpose for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Common Purpose Conventions.
- Participants who cancel their applications less than 48 hours before the start of the programme will be liable for the accommodation fees incurred by Common Purpose, if applicable.
- It is at Common Purpose's discretion to agree with the participant the hours/days required to complete the programme (e.g. attending the balance of events, or re-starting the programme in its entirety) in order to be able to achieve graduate status.
- Participants wishing to defer their place and re-register under this policy will be required to complete a short re-registration form outlining the circumstances and context of their request.
- The participant's re-registration form will be considered by the Advisory Group, using the application criteria. Common Purpose cannot guarantee that an application to defer and re-register will be successful.
- Participants can only defer and re-register a programme of the same type. Requests to defer and re-register onto a different programme may incur a high fee.
Photography & film permission
During the programme, Common Purpose will be taking photography and/or film footage. The footage may be used:
- to share discussion, insights and experiences with other participants and alumni.
- to evaluate the programme/event to make further improvements and adjustments to our offering.
- for external marketing purposes on Common Purpose websites and or social media channels including YouTube.
(You may opt out during the application process)
Common Purpose International is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have queries relating to the use of your data, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If accepted as a participant on any Common Purpose programme, you are agreeing that Common Purpose or any Common Purpose licensee may use your data for the following purposes:
- we will use your contact details to send you information relating to the programme and to request feedback.
- we may publish your name, job title, employer organisation and programme attended as part of our promotional materials.
- we may also use your contact details to send you information about other programmes and activities we offer (You may opt out during the application process)
- we may publish your contact details to the members of your participant group as part of the information distributed prior to the programme (You may opt out during the application process)
- we may publish your contact details, including email address, to graduates of Common Purpose worldwide and to members of the Common Purpose advisory groups in the Common Purpose graduate directory. (You may opt out during the application process)