Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants on a Common Purpose Navigator programme.
Attendance and programmes
- A place on the Common Purpose Navigator programme is subject to acceptance of the application by the Common Purpose Advisory Group
- A participant on the Common Purpose Navigator programme undertakes to attend for the full duration of the five day programme.
- If a participant, having started the programme, then withdraws fro the programme for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed by Common Purpose to resume attendance.
- If a participant misses any part of the programme due to absenteeism, they may affect whether Common Purpose confers graduate status upon the participant.
- A place on one Common Purpose Navigator programme is not transferable to another Common Purpose programme, but may be transferred to another individual at an appropriate level within the same organization on acceptance of this individual’s application by the Common Purpose Advisory Group.
- Common Purpose retains the right to change the advertised agenda for a Common Purpose Navigator programme day or event without notice to the participants.
- Participants will be given reasonable notice in advance if the venue for a Common Purpose Navigator programme or event is changed.
Conduct during the programme
- When booking and paying for a Common Purpose programme day or event venue (including the accommodation), Common Purpose is acting as an agent on the participants’ behalf. Participants will be subject to the terms and conditions of the venue.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that while attending the Common Purpose Navigator Programme and while on any third party premises he or she does not behave in an improper or disorderly manner or in a way which risks or causes damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
- In the event of such improper behavior Common purpose will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the programme. In such circumstances, Common Purpose will be entitled to retain the programme fee.
- The participant will also be liable to indemnify Common Purpose for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Common Purpose Conventions.
- Attendance on a Common Purpose Navigator of the Navigator programme. This condition also applies in the case of a part fee agreed for a participant who has demonstrated a clear need for financial assistance.
- The person who has signed the application form agrees to these terms and conditions, and has the authority to do so. In the event that he/she is not so authorized, he/she will be personally liable for payment of the fee.
Cancellation and refunds
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by post or by fax and is subject to the following terms:
- Where notice of cancellation is received fewer than 30 days prior to the first day of the Navigator programme, the payer will be liable for 100% of the programme fee
- Where notice of cancellation is received between 30 and 56 days prior to the first day of the Navigator programme, the payer will be liable for 50% of the programme fee
- Where notice of cancellation is received more than 56 days prior to the first day of the navigator programme, Common Purpose will make a full refund of the fee paid
- No refund of fees will be made for absence due to illness or for withdrawal during the Navigator programme for any reasons.
If accepted as a participant on a Common Purpose programme, you are agreeing that Common Purpose may use your data for the following purposes:
- We will use your contact details to send you information relating the programme and to request feedback
- We may publish your name, job title, employer organization and programme attended as part of our promotional materials and in the Common Purpose graduate director
- We may also use your contact details to send you information about other programmes and activities we offer. You can opt out on the application form.
- We may publish your contact details to the members of your participant group as part of the information distributed prior to the programme. You can opt out on the application form.
- We may publish your contact details including e-mail address to graduates of Common Purpose worldwide and to members of the Common Purpose advisory groups in the Common Purpose graduate director. You can opt out on the application form.
Except in connection with the activities described above or where required to do so by law, we will not disclose your data to third parties without your permission.
Common Purpose takes all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your data.