Terms and Conditions
Online Learning Portal Terms & Conditions
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify Common Purpose of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Common Purpose cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Users of the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal understand and agree to abide by the Common Purpose conventions. Beyond this, you agree not to use the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to using the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal services to connect to other users and send them unsolicited promotional messages without their permission.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
You also agree not to:
- “Frame” or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this website
- Take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the website.
- Interfere with or disrupt the website or servers or networks connected to the website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity, content and messages associated with or sent through the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal by its users, including for the safety of recipients the automatic scanning of messages for malware or spam-related content, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor user generated content we don’t guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact email@example.com to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website.
- The Online Learning Portal may provide you with the ability to upload notes and replies, learner discussions, profile pages, and other content and media for social interaction, or certain information and materials for use with the Website or Online Content and Modules, e.g., written assignments, questions, hypothetical, examples, etc. (collectively, “Learner Content”).
- With respect to any Learner Content you submit to us (including, but not limited to, for inclusion on the Website or Online Content and Courses) or that is otherwise made available to us, you grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Learner Content, with the right to sublicense such rights (to multiple Learners), for any purpose associated with the provision of the Website and the Online Content and Modules. We reserve the right to remove any Learner Content without notice at any time and for any reason.
- To the extent that you provide any Learner Content, you represent and warrant that:
- you have all necessary rights, licences and/or clearances to provide such Learner Content and permit us to use and publish such Learner Content
- such Learner Content is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief;
- as between you and us, you are responsible for the payment of any third party fees related to the provision, publication and use of such Learner Content; and
- such use and/or publication of your Learner Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any third party rights or constitute a fraudulent statement or misrepresentation.
- Advice, help or support offered as a result of an introduction through Common Purpose does not form the basis of a contractual relationship unless specifically entered into in writing by the parties involved.
- You understand and agree that the Common Purpose Online Learning Portal is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and that Common Purpose does not assume any responsibility for prompt or proper delivery or retention of user information or communications between users.
- Common Purpose assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or existence of any communications between users.