Terms and Conditions
Attendance and programmes
- A place on the Common Purpose programme is subject to review of the application by the Advisory Group, and is not transferable to another individual.
- A participant on a Common Purpose programme undertakes to attend the full programme.
- If a participant, having started the programme, then withdraws from the programme for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed by Common Purpose to resume attendance.
- If a participant misses any part of the programme due to absenteeism, this may affect whether Common Purpose confers graduate status upon the participant.
- Common Purpose retains the right to change the advertised agenda for a Common Purpose programme or event without notice to the participants.
- Common Purpose will make every effort to give participants reasonable notice in advance if the venue for an event is changed.
Conduct during the programme
- When booking and paying for a Common Purpose programme or event venue, Common Purpose is acting as an agent on the participants' behalf. Participants will be subject to the terms and conditions of the venue.
- It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that while attending the Common Purpose programme and while on any third party premises he or she does not behave in an improper or disorderly manner or in a way which risks or causes damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
- In the event of such improper behaviour, Common Purpose will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the programme. In such circumstances, Common Purpose will be entitled to retain the programme fee.
- The participant will also be liable to indemnify Common Purpose for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Common Purpose Conventions.
- Attendance on a Common Purpose programme is conditional on receipt in full of the programme fee by Common Purpose prior to the start of the programme. (This condition also applies in the case of a part fee agreed for a participant who has demonstrated a clear need for financial assistance.)
- Payment terms are 14 days from the date of invoice. The invoice will be issued as soon as the participant has been accepted on the programme.
- The person who has signed the application form agrees to these terms and conditions, and has the authority to do so. In the event he/she is not so authorised, he/she will be personally liable for payment of the agreed fee.
Cancellation and refunds
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by post or by fax and is subject to the following terms:
- where notice of cancellation is received fewer than 30 days prior to the first day of the programme, the payer will be liable for 100% of the programme fee.
- where notice of cancellation is received between 30 and 56 days prior to the first day of the programme, the payer will be liable for 50% of the programme fee
- where notice of cancellation is received more than 56 days prior to the first day of the programme, Common Purpose will make a full refund of the fee paid
No refund of fees will be made for absence due to illness or for withdrawal during the programme for any reason.
- It is at Common Purpose's discretion to agree with the participant the hours/days required to complete the programme (e.g. attending the balance of events, or re-starting the programme in its entirety) in order to be able to achieve graduate status.
- Participants wishing to defer their place and re-register under this policy will be required to complete a short re-registration form outlining the circumstances and context of their request.
- The participant's re-registration form will be considered by the Advisory Group, using the application criteria. Common Purpose cannot guarantee that an application to defer and re-register will be successful.
- In cases where a participant wishes to defer their place before the programme they have been originally accepted onto has even started, the re-registration fee policy only applies where the request is received fewer than 30 days prior to the first day of the programme (hence the full fee for the original programme is due in full).
- Participants can only defer and re-register a programme of the same type. Requests to defer and re-register onto a different programme may incur a high fee.
- The 15% re-registration fee can be waived in exceptional circumstances at Common Purpose’s discretion.
Photography & film permission*
During the programme, Common Purpose will be taking photography and/or film footage. The footage may be used:
- to share discussion, insights and experiences with other participants and alumni.
- to evaluate the programme/event to make further improvements and adjustments to our offering.
- for external marketing purposes on Common Purpose websites and or social media channels including YouTube.
*If you wish to opt out from any of the any terms and conditions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Purpose (Ireland) is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If accepted as a participant on any Common Purpose programme, you are agreeing that Common Purpose or any Common Purpose licensee may use your data for the following purposes:
- we will use your contact details to send you information relating to the programme and to request feedback. This also includes sharing your contact details with others attending the same programme as you.
- we may publish your name, job title, employer organisation and programme attended as part of our promotional materials.
- we may also use your contact details to send you information about other programmes and activities we offer