Terms and Conditions
If your application is successful, these terms and conditions apply to all participants on a Frontrunner for Disabled Students programme.
Attendance and programmes
- A place on the Common Purpose programme is subject to review of the application by the nominating university, and is not transferable to another individual.
- A participant on a Common Purpose programme undertakes to attend the full programme.
- If a participant, having started the programme, then withdraws from the course for any reason, it is not guaranteed that the participant will be allowed by Common Purpose to resume attendance.
- If a participant misses any part of the programme due to absenteeism, this may affect whether Common Purpose confers graduate status upon the participant.
- Common Purpose retains the right to change the advertised agenda for a Common Purpose programme or event without notice to the participants.
- Common Purpose will make every effort to give participants reasonable notice in advance if the venue for an event is changed.
Conduct during the programme
- When booking and paying for a Common Purpose programme or event venue, Common Purpose is acting as an agent on the participants' behalf. Participants will be subject to the terms and conditions of the venue.
- It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that while attending the Common Purpose programme and while on any third party premises he or she does not behave in an improper or disorderly manner or in a way which risks or causes damage to property, or in a way which is in breach of the terms and conditions of those premises.
- In the event of such improper behaviour, Common Purpose will have the right to require the participant to withdraw from the programme.
- The participant will also be liable to indemnify Common Purpose for any expenses or other liability it incurs or suffers as a result of any such improper behaviour.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Common Purpose Conventions.
Common Purpose Charitable Trust is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have queries relating to the use of your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If accepted as a participant on any Common Purpose programme, you are agreeing that Common Purpose or any Common Purpose licensee may use your data for the following purposes:
- we may publish your contact details, including email address, to graduates of Common Purpose worldwide and to members of the Common Purpose advisory groups in the Common Purpose graduate directory. we will use your contact details to send you information relating to the programme and to request feedback
- we may publish your name, job title, employer organisation and programme attended as part of our promotional materials
- we may also use your contact details to send you information about other programmes and activities we offer (You may opt out during the application process)
- we may publish your contact details to the members of your participant group as part of the information distributed prior to the programme (You may opt out during the application process)
- we may publish your contact details, including email address, to graduates of Common Purpose worldwide and to members of the Common Purpose advisory groups in the Common Purpose graduate directory.
Photography & film permission
During the programme, Common Purpose will be taking photography and/or film footage.
This footage may be used:
- To share discussions, insights and experiences with other participants and alumni.
- To evaluate the programme / event to make further improvements and adjustments to our offering.
- For external marketing purposes on Common Purposes websites and/or social media channels including YouTube.
(You may opt out during the application process)